Saturday, June 7, 2014

     'Star Wars: The Rise of Darth Vader' audiobook in five parts on youtube...is really good, and worth listening to.
     It is so good, I am going to listen to it again.
     It has what everybody wants, but were not shown in the movies....Darth Vader kicking ass on the battlefield with Stormies at his side.
     There is some of that in the video game 'Star Wars Battlefronts II', but to have the audiobook and the story available is awesome.
     I don't know how the author could write such a thing...I guess it was a lot of research about what the possibilities could be.
     There is an attack on the Wookiee home world of Kysshhyk, and Chewbacca is a featured character.
     Chewy has no love for the Empire, I will tell you that.
     Anyway, there's that, and while all this is going on, I am playing 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' which continues to blow my mind.
     I have a brother who tried it, but for some reason he wasn't as thrilled about it.  I'll have to ask him why.  Maybe he didn't give the game enough of a chance, or maybe he was busy.
     I like to camp a spot while I write, and I just stand there until my character gets attacked, and then I kill my enemy, and keep writing.

     Meanwhile, I started watching ebay videos.  I have no experience with ebay whatsoever.  I know nothing about it.
     The idea of doing ebay has been gnawing at me for a long time.  I would like to sell my paintings, possibly for outrageous prices.  That would be fun.
     I shudder about doing taxes, but I think you have sell two-hundred items before you have to worry about it too much.
     In Star Wars terms, which is all anybody cares about, well, in online games, you can sell items...and ebay is the real world equivalent of that, if you need to make everything into a fantasy, like I do, just to make it through the day.
     The thing I am worried about is I don't want some bastard to buy my art for cheap, and then turn a profit on ebay.  If anybody is going to sell my art on ebay, I want it to be me.
     I heard that this happened to an artist, so I want to be ready for that.

     Then there is the other thing, "Do I really want to spend all day shipping crap out to people just so I can make a couple bucks?"  It hardly seems worth it, unless there is a good chunk of profit involved.
     Anyway, again in Star Wars terms, I'm trying to get some mercenary xp.

     Another question that I've been thinking about in last day is, "What is more plausible?  Star Trek or Star Wars?"
     I don't know...there are ridiculous things that happen in each that make it virtually impossible to ever happen.

     Just as an aside, people in online games always ask me, "Dude!  Why do you level up so slow?"
     I don't know why it matters to them, to be honest, what I do, but the answer is that I am reading, drawing, and writing while playing, so I'm not going to level as fast as these hardcore players who devote every waking moment to these games.

     Even in the film 'Alien', the biggest problem with space science fiction is, "How in hell do you get ships to travel such vast distances and what about time dilation?  You don't want to be traveling for a year at the speed of light, and then come home, and have your family be dead for two-hundred years while you were away."
     It's a problem.

     That means that hyperspace is not just accelerated spacetime.  It has to be another dimension, where the physics of time and space are different.
     If outer space is a city, hyperspace would have to be a 'subway system'.

     Also, how can you answer a distress call if it takes you twenty years to get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment